This is a song recorded by Keith Urban and was released on May 2000 as a single from his first self titled album. American country music songwriters Chris Lindsley and Bob Regan wrote the song. Urban and Matt Rollings produced this song with a label in Capitol Nashville.
Upon its release, “Your Everything” peaked number 4 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, number 51 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and number 20 on the Canadian Country Tracks chart. Moreover, this became his first song to enter the top 5 on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks chart.
His self titled album has twelve singles and four of those singles entered the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts namely “It’s a Love Thing,” “Your Everything,” “But for the Grace of God,” and “Where the Blacktop Ends.” Thus, this album has sold thousands of copies, especially in the US.
In 2003, Urban’s self-titled album became certified platinum awarded by the RIAA.
About the Song
The first time I looked in your eyes, I knew
That I would do anything for you
The first time you touched my face I felt
What I’d never felt with anyone else
The first verse of the song shows love at first sight. Honestly, if love really hits us, we can no longer help ourselves but to follow it. Thus, falling in love with someone has something to do with sacrifices. Sacrificing our happiness for the sake of his/her own. Sometimes, we tend not to focus on ourselves when we fall in love. Instead, we focus more on our lover’s life.
We always want to be the best version of ourselves when it comes to love. Love is the riskiest thing we will encounter in our life and one is exempted from it.
Keith Urban, Your Everything
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance