The top male and female artists were Luke Combs and Carrie Underwood. The 2019 Billboard Music Awards was held at MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Kelly Clarkson hosted the big night while Cardi leads with 21 nominations in 18 categories. It was a big night!
Luke Combs Wins Top Male Artist of the Year
Jason Aldean, Kane Brown, and Luke Combs were nominated for Best Male Country Singer, but it was Combs who bagged the award.
Combs has been performing as a vocalist since childhood. He has released an album that produced five singles namely, “Hurricane,” “When It Rains It Pours,” “She Got the Best of Me,” and “Beautiful Crazy.” All of these reached the number one position on Billboard’s Country Airplay. Combs is the first artist to have five number ones on the chart coming from a single album.
Moreover, in February 2019, his single “Beautiful Crazy” reached number one on Country Airplay Chart.
Carrie Underwood Wins Top Female Artist of the Year
Carrie Underwood has won Female Artist of the Year at the 2019 Billboard Music Awards. The trophy was presented on May 1, held in Las Vegas, at the MGM Garden Arena.
Underwood is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She became country music’s first American Idol winner in May 2005.
In 2000, Underwood was the only country artist who has a number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100. She is the most successful American Idol winner. Moreover, she has received seven Grammy Awards, ten Billboard Music Awards, fourteen ACM Awards, thirteen American Music Awards, nine CMA Awards, and a Guinness World Record.
“Jesus,” “Take the Wheel,” and “Before He Cheats” are among Underwood’s top singles. Her song “Some Heart” and “Carnival Ride” got the Platinum award.
In 2018, with her sixth album Cry Pretty, she became the only woman to hit the top of the Billboard 200 chart with four country albums. Moreover, Underwood has sold more than 65 million records worldwide.
Carrie Underwood, Luke Combs, Top Country Female Artist, Top Country Male Artist
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance