Carrie Underwood’s ‘Cry Pretty’ Performance
After going through one nasty accident and three miscarriages, what do we expect Carrie Underwood to feel? Her performance of “Cry Pretty” in the following clip powerfully expressed that raw sting of pain that she must have felt.
Part of being human is to cry to our hearts content until there’ll be no tears left.
Carrie Underwood’s Season of Brokenness
Back in 2017, Carrie Underwood told CBS about how thrilled she was to have a baby soon. She’s at her prime, a successful recording artist, and married to a loving and godly husband. For a time, everything seems to be perfectly in line.
But heaven seems to want to test her endurance. Carrie tried her best to cultivate the seeds of life in her womb, but only to get repeatedly disappointed.
As if that wasn’t enough of an emotional and psychological torture, E News reported that Carrie had an accident from home. Her fall led to her hospitalization with a broken wrist and a face full of stitches. It took months for her to fully recover.
Time to Let the Tears Fall
What songs from #CryPretty are on your 2019 playlist? Download/stream: strm.to/CryPrettyAlbumPosted by Carrie Underwood on Saturday, January 5, 2019
“Cry Pretty” is pretty much Carrie’s testimony and fight song. She poured every bit of frustration and feelings of disillusionment. With apologies in between, Carrie wanted to be honest at the realization that she could not move forward faking strength. In doing so, she sent a vital message that even a public figure like her whom many women look up to can also have times of break downs.
Tears are Only for the “Now”
Be it our season of joy or deep sadness, let’s give ourselves permission to just let our tears flow as often as needed. We live in a broken world with broken souls.
So just cry while it’s still called NOW. The good news is, that part of our humanity won’t last forever. There will come a day when God himself will wipe away our tears. And once he does, they’ll be gone for good.
Carrie Underwood, Cry Pretty
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance