Keith Whitley was always an inspirational and talented country singer. He can always make people fall in love with his songs, there is no doubt in that. His voice always fits perfectly with the sound of traditional country music we always love. Moreover, Whitley also pulled off recording neo-traditional country songs. Today, we take a look on his very successful first album and the song “Miami, My Amy,” a hit song that was mentioned by Rolling Stone as one of Keith Whitley’s Greatest Love Songs.
His Album L.A. to Miami
L.A. to Miami was Keith’s first successful studio album released in 1985. It contained ten tracks and produced five songs that entered the Billboard chart. The album itself secured a position on the chart. L.A. to Miami went to No. 26 on the US Billboard Top Country Albums chart. However, before his album L.A. to Miami, Keith released one album called A Hard Act to Follow. The album was a huge failure in his career. However, in this second album, he marked the beginning of his successful career.
“Miami, My Amy” and Other Songs on the Album
Out of ten singles on his album, five of it entered the chart. “I’ve Got the Heart for You” reached No. 57 on the country chart. Moreover, “Miami, My Amy” placed at No. 14. The other three of his singles that charted included “Ten Feet Away,” “Homecoming ‘63,” and “Hard Livin’.” His song “Homecoming ‘63” was also included on the Rolling Stone’s list of Keith Whitley’s Greatest Love Songs.
Hank Cochran, Dean Dillon, and Royce Porter wrote the song “Miami, My Amy”. It tells a story of a man who met a girl in Miami. The narrator fell in love with a lovely lady named Amy. After being with her for a while, he had to go back to L.A. However, Amy called the man and told him that she loves him. Thus, the narrator did not think twice and flew back to Miami to be with Amy, the woman he truly loves. This song is definitely one of Keith’s greatest love songs.
keith whitley, Miami My Amy
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait