Be head-over-heels while listening to Keith Urban’s “Making Memories of Us” and learn its beautiful background. The tune melts the heart of Urban’s female fans, expressing all the romantic and luscious ways he will stay and make more memories with his wife.
The song was composed by American country music singer Rodney Crowell and has been sung and covered by many singers. Urban’s version was released as the album’s third single in March 2005. Likewise, his rendition entered the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and earned the #1 spot for five weeks.
Rodney Crowell put together the lyrics for his wife, Claudia Church, after he got a call from his daughter reminding him to buy Valentine’s present for her stepmom. However, Crowell forgot the date and had no gift. He relied on his heaven-sent talents. He went to his studio and composed a song about her beloved wife. He dedicated two hours to have the perfect words. The best kinds of love songs come out smoothly and effortlessly from the fingers.
Keith Urban attests to the “simplicity” of the song while recording it. He can’t believe how difficult it was to execute simplicity. According to the singer, it took him “several takes” to achieve the certain catch he wanted on the song. Compared to other Keith Urban songs, the singer wanted this song to be just perfect.
“Making Memories of Us” by Keith Urban climbed at #5 on the US Adult Contemporary chart and #34 on the Billboard Hot 100. At the 2005 year-end chart of US Country Songs, the song got the 8th spot. The song also attained the Platinum certification of RIAA on August 16, 2019.
Listen to Keith Urban’s “Making Memories Of Us” and reminisce about the love story about the two lovers.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012