There are quite plenty of new male artists working diligently just to make their mark in country music, but one was able to break through – and that’s no other than Jordan Davis.
Ever since he released his debut single in the middle of 2017, the Louisiana native has successfully transformed himself from a Nashville newcomer into a country hitmaker and award-winning musician. Not only did he earn consecutive No. 1 singles in the country charts, but he also snagged a coveted win in the “Best New Country Artist” during the 2019 iHeartRadio Music Awards. Davis is also a two-time nominee for ACM New Male Artist of the Year.
Truly, Jordan Davis is making an impressive streak! So, we’ve prepared some facts for you to get to know more about him.
- He’s a proud native of Shreveport, Louisiana.
- He’s now 32 and will soon be celebrating his birthday. Davis was actually born on March 30, 1988.
- He’s at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, where he first took up petroleum engineering but switched and graduated with a degree in environmental science focusing on resource conservation.
- He briefly pursued the path of his degree after graduation working as an environmental consultant.
- Jordan Davis songs would not have seen the light of the day if it wasn’t for his older brother Jacob Davis. The younger Davis actually didn’t plan a career in music. It was Jacob who convinced him to move to Nashville.
- His brother Jacob is also a recording artist. They even thought of going out as a duo, but their individual progress put that to rest.
- But success did not come easy to Davis. During the start of his songwriting career, he regularly tended a bar at a Southern restaurant in Nashville’s Donelson neighborhood to make a living.
- His break arrived while on a fishing trip with a music publisher, where he had the opportunity for a spontaneous audition.
- His love for country music began with his father’s classic country records of Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Jim Croce, and the likes.
- John Prine, John Mayer, and Kenny Chesney are some of the biggest musical inspirations throughout his career.
- On March 25, 2017, Davis married his longtime girlfriend Kristen O’Connor, who is an attorney.
- His marriage with O’Connor has one text a day rule. “I have to just let her know I’m alive,” the singer laughingly said.
- He’s a father to two adorable kids, daughter Eloise Larkin and son Locklan Joseph.
- He admits being starstruck the first time he met Garth Brooks.
- He doesn’t like to shave – and that’s kind of pretty obvious.
Today, Davis is yet again celebrating another No. 1 hit as his fourth country radio single, “Buy Dirt,” cruises to the top of the charts. The country star will be heading out on the road for another leg of his Buy Dirt Tour, which will kick off on April 8 in Orlando and make a stop at the historic venue of Ryman Auditorium in Nashville.
There’s definitely so much in store for this young artist.