John Prine was admitted to hospital last week with COVID-19 symptoms. His wife, Fiona, has just posted an update, saying he’s still “very ill” and has developed pneumonia in both lungs and is still on a ventilator.
“This is John’s 8th day in ICU . He is receiving excellent medical care and being treated with kindness and compassion by the entire team looking after him day and night. I cannot be with him which makes this nightmare all the more distressing.
As you know, John was put on a ventilator last Saturday. He still needs quite a bit of help with his breathing. Like many patients currently in ICU beds all around the world, John has pneumonia in both lungs. He has also developed some peripheral issues that are being treated with meds, including antibiotics. He is very ill and yet I remain hopeful that he can continue to fight this devastating virus and come home where we can care for him. I don’t have the words to adequately Thank You all for the outpouring of love and prayers that John and our family have received this last week. Please continue to send Love, Prayers and Positive Energy to John. He needs us now more than ever. John loves you and I love you too.“
On March 17, Fiona Prine announced that she had been diagnosed with coronavirus (she has since recovered). John Prine was also examined at the time, but his results came back “indeterminate,” so the couple separated themselves from each other and others immediately.
The 73-year- John Prine is at higher risk for coronavirus due to his older age and past medical issues. For the past two decades, John Prine has battled cancer. He had tissue removed from his throat in 1998 and underwent surgery in 2013 to remove a lung tumor.
At the time she announced her diagnosis of coronavirus, Fiona Prine encouraged fans — and the whole American public — to stay home and help prevent the coronavirus from spreading.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?