Jean Shepard pioneered honky-tonk country for women back in the day. Her fame came after Kitty Wells paved the way for other female country artists. One of her popular hits back in the day was “Then He Touched Me,” where a woman’s life was changed when she met the love of her life.
What We Can Learn from this Jean Shepard Song
For those who are firm believers of love, this track is for you. “Then He Touched Me” details the magic that love can bring to a person. Love can move mountains they say. Even though that statement is technically wrong (because love can’t really move mountains), there is some truth to it. It is a statement said when we are so in love with someone that we can almost do anything even if it is deemed impossible.
The catch is, this must only be true if he/she is the one destined for us. Love will only make sense if there is a mutual affection between each other, just like what the song portrays. Oftentimes, we see people go there separate ways because of incompatibility and indifference. How can you know that he/she is the one? This is a difficult question and you will only truly know once you have entered a relationship and you feel genuine happiness.
More About the Singer
Jean Shepard rose to fame right after Kitty Wells debuted her song “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels.” Shepard felt like she could capitalize on the rise of women in country music and has released a few songs of her own. Her first hit was “A Dear John Letter” who topped the country charts and was even a crossover hit.
She was a firm supporter of the traditional country music advocating the preservation of ‘pure sounding country’ in contrast to pop music. The last release of her album was in 1981, but she retired in 2015.
Listen to Jean Shepard’s song here:
For your daily dose of country music stories, check our official Facebook page.
Honky Tonk Women, Jean Shepard, kitty wells, then he touched me
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What does Katelyn Jae do for a living? Meet Kane Brown’s wife
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Fans Are Mad About Taylor Swift’s CMT Awards Win, Telling Her She’s No Longer Country
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend