Slowing things down a notch from his usual upbeat party songs, Jason Aldean’s “You Make It Easy” took a note out of the sexy book to bring a slow waltz-like jam to country radio.
The love ballad – which finds Jason Aldean professing how the love of his life makes him feel – was released in 2018 as the first single off his album Rearview Town. It then quickly climbed the top spot of Billboard Country Airplay chart while peaking at No. 2 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
But what’s more impressive is that the song is accompanied by a three-part music video – spanning 15 minutes – as it explores a couple’s love in the face of hardship and misfortune.
Story Behind The Song
“You Make It Easy” is actually written by some of the big names in country music: members of the country hit duo Florida Georgia Line – Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard – together with country star Morgan Wallen and songwriter Jordan Schmidt.
During one interview, Wallen recalled that it was Hubbard who brought the song to the table. He was inspired by his wife, Hayley, and the relationship they have despite him being relentlessly on the road as a musician.
Hubbard realized how hard it must be to love someone who’s not beside you all the time – but then, he said, “she makes it easy,” which the group finds to be a great title. The moment that the idea was definitely out in the open, there was no question it was a hit waiting to be written. And so, they wrote it!
“You Make It Easy” then made its way to the country singer’s doorstep – even becoming one of Jason Aldean’s greatest hits.
Make sure to listen to “You Make It Easy” by Jason Aldean in the video below.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend