Birthday is one of the most special events that everybody looks forward to. Moreover, it is the event wherein a lot of people dearest to you will gather in one place. Furthermore, most people who celebrate their birthdays will think ahead of the things they want to do on their special day. Well, that is the most exciting part of this celebration. Anyhow, let us go ahead and celebrate this special day with our birthday celebrator, Roy Orbison. If he is still alive, he would have been 83 years old by now.
Roy Orbison: Our Birthday Celebrator
He was born on April 23, 1936, in Vernon, Texas. His father was a car mechanic and his mother was a nurse. Further, during the great depression, the whole family moved to Fort Worth to have a better life. But when there was a polio outbreak so the family went back to Vernon. Roy Orbison was a shy kid but he was very polite due to his southern upbringing. Orbison played guitar at an early age and country music was his major influence.
At the age of eight, Roy Orbison played at a local radio station until the 1940s when he became the host. This was a big stepping stone for him to pursue his singing career and to be known as an artist. The year 1953 marked a very special date for him when he finally became a professional artist.
One of his Hits
“Oh, Pretty Woman” was one of the most remarkable hits from the icon Roy Orbison. This hit was also used in the movie Pretty Woman starring Julia Roberts and Richard Gere. Since the release of the song, it has reached worldwide success and it dominated the charts. We can say that this hit is one of his legacies.
Go ahead and listen to it and reminisce his musicality. Once again, happy birthday!
Julia Roberts, Oh Pretty Woman, Richard Gere, Roy Orbison
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Waylon Jennings Shows Off Amazing Guitar Skills at The Johnny Cash Show
- Kurt Russell Stuns Audience at the Opry with an Elvis’ Hit
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash