These country mother son dance songs are familiar tunes that you will always hear at weddings, and they’re just as important as the father-daughter dance songs. From songs of gratitude and love to assuring ones that they will always be there for their sons no matter what happens, you can count on country music to give you all these heartwarming feelings on your special day.
So here are 15 country mother son dance songs from the classics to the modern favorites. Enjoy!
1. “You’re Gonna Be (Always Loved By Me)” by Reba McEntire
Starting off the list is “You’re Gonna Be” from Reba McEntire, which just beautifully narrates how deeply a mother loves her children. That is, life may not have guarantees, but one thing is for sure, we will always be loved by our moms. And that’s reassuring.
2. “He Gets That From Me” by Reba McEntire
Another Reba McEntire song, this one is perfect for all the sons who were raised by their independent moms. It shares how a mother feels about her child, who is her everything and her source of strength.
3. “Like Jesus Does” by Eric Church
Written by Casey Beathard and Monty Criswell, this song talks about the kind of love that embraces through all the fallibilities. And if there’s one woman that you’re sure is going to love you ‘like Jesus does,’ it’s definitely your mom.
4. “Like My Mother Does” by Lauren Alaina
“Like My Mother Does” is a touching tribute to moms written by Nathan Chapman, Liz Rose, and Nicole Williams. It tells the story of a mom’s love and strength and how they are always there to pick us up and lift us every single time without fail. They are our rock and our angel here on Earth.
5. “Mama’s Song” by Carrie Underwood
A tear-jerking country ballad, “Mama’s Song” was co-written by Underwood and gives moms the reassuring message that they have raised their children well. And that there’s nothing to worry about.
6. “Don’t Blink” by Kenny Chesney
“Don’t Blink” was written by Casey Beathard and Chris Wallin and is a very simple song that speaks about taking risks and chances and always making every moment count.
7. “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry
Inspired by the Perry siblings’ mom Marie, “Mother Like Mine” is a wonderful tribute to our own personal hero who is and will always be the light of our homes. This song is definitely heartwarming.
8. “Through The Years” by Kenny Rogers
This classic and timeless 1981 ballad “Through The Years” talks about a couple who had been there for each other through thick and thin. But even though it’s a romantic song, it can be easily interpreted as a mother’s message as well, being there with us through all the ups and downs of our lives.
9. “Do I Make You Proud” by Taylor Hicks
A simple song about victory written by Tracy Ackerman, Andy Watkins, and Paul Wilson, it asks the question that most of us do to our moms. That is if we made her proud with what we have done in our lives. And we’re pretty sure they’ll always say yes.
10. “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain
One of the greatest wedding songs ever written, “I’ll Be,” is also a perfect song that encapsulates a son’s message to his mother how he will always be there for her as a crying shoulder and vice versa.
11. “A Mother’s Song” by T. Carter Music
This song is a mother-son song that will surely tug at your heartstrings. The lyrics share the story from a man’s days as a little boy to the day of his wedding and shows the loving relationship between a mother and her son.
12. “The Woman In My Life” by Phil Vassar
Co-written by Vassar along with his wife, this song pours out a lovely sentiment. It’s about a woman who always believed in us whenever we just gave up and a woman who just took all of our worries and gave us love. And that woman is our mom.
13. “To Make You Feel My Love” by Garth Brooks
This cover is a song originally recorded by Billy Joel, and it’s a song that speaks about a love so strong that it could make you do just about anything for that person. And if there’s someone that could do just that for us, it’s definitely our mothers.
14. “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift
Written by Swift as a love letter to her mom who always accompanied her, this is definitely a perfect song to dance to for mother-son dance that talks about a mother’s unwavering love for her child.
15. “Simple Man” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Capping off our list is “Simple Man,” which is about a mom’s advice to her young son, telling him to live his life the way he wants to so that he will love himself for everything that he will do.
The Wedding Playlist: More Country Mother Son Dance Songs
One of the best wedding ideas is to have a playlist of these country mother son dance songs because we’re sure 15 are not enough.
- “Mother” by Sugarland
- “The Best Part Of Me” by Lee Brice
- “You Are My Sunshine” by Morgan Stapleton feat. Chris Stapleton
- “Mom” by Garth Brooks
- “God’s Been Good To Me” by Keith Urban
- “Always On My Mind” by Willie Nelson
- “Angels Among Us” by Alabama
- “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
- “That’s What Mama’s Do” by Jason Matthews
- “If I Didn’t Have You” by Thompson Square
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012