Who is Mac Wiseman?
Mac Wiseman‘s life is remarkable. Our bluegrass legendary artist should have been celebrating his 94th birthday today. Wiseman was an American bluegrass singer, guitarist, and songwriter.
He started his music career being the upright bass player on the band of Country singer, Molly O’Day. He entered his first band Foggy Mountain Boys as a guitarist. He experienced singing along with the known Bill Monroe‘s Bluegrass Boys.
His first single was “Tis Sweet to Be Remember.” Furthermore, he is one of the stars who founded the Country Music Association. CMA was created to promote different kinds of Country music genre. Wiseman also acted as a secretary of CMA. Moreover, he also served as a director on American radio that features country music.
Wiseman is also one who founded the International Blue Music Association. IBMA was known as an influential bluegrass music body. He is popularly known as “The Voice with a Heart” by his country fans.
He released an album “Songs from My Mother’s Hand.” The album was inspired by his mother’s handwritten notes of songs. Those songs were listed by his mother when he was still a child.
His legacy continues as he becomes inducted into the International Bluegrass Music Hall of Honor. Moreover, in 2004, he was also inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame. But, everything comes into an end. Wiseman died in February 2019 due to kidney failure, at the age of 93.
Mac’s Great Songs
He created numerous hit singles and albums. Most of his songs were inspired by bluegrass that made a big impact in country music. His great contributions to the country music industry will always be treasured.
Videos below were some of Wiseman’s greatest hit singles.
Happy Birthday, Mac Wiseman, The Voice with a Heart
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw