Blake Shelton has been a little bit controversial for the statements he has said about the traditional country music fans. We all know there is a division right now between contemporary country music lovers and those who stick to the classic country music. This is being reinforced by the sides that some of the country artists choose.
Blake Shelton made it clear that he does not cater to the traditional folks in country music. He respects those that are into it but he did not hold back when he received some criticisms about his music and that is why he came up with his 2014 hit “Neon Light.”
“Neon Light” is Blake Shelton’s Response to Haters
This song from Blake Shelton is a mix of a classic and modern country sound. He wanted to pay homage to those who paved the way for country music to be heard. At the same time, he wants it to have that modern sound that most of the listeners love about today’s music.
Shelton had some strong words with regard to those who questioned the music he made, so he said:
“The song, the melody, the chorus is so George Jones or George Strait. It really is…Of course, I’m always going to have the haters and critics out there that say it’s not. But then, kiss my ass! I know more about those records than a lot of people.”
The track, although it is a response to haters, has a good message behind it. It offers hope to those who feel like there is no end to their problems. It reminds us that there is always a silver lining to a hopeless situation and we just have to be patient.
It ain’t all that bright, but even though it’s subtle
It’s got me feeling alright, go on and make it a double
There’s a neon light at the end of the tunnel, tunnel, tunnel
Listen to Blake Shelton’s song here:
Blake Shelton, neon light
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance