Just a few months after making a historic nomination on Grammy Awards, being the first Black woman to be nominated for Best Country Solo Performance, Mickey Guyton marked another milestone. The country singer became a first-time mom to Grayson!
In early February, she welcomed her first son with her husband, Grant Savoy. She’s describing motherhood as one of the most incredible things she has ever experienced.
Mickey Guyton added that Grayson – who is now four-week-old – is “really just a sweet, sweet baby,” and she thinks he will someday turn out to be a “very calm and independent child.”
Before the music’s big night, Guyton has opened up that her baby boy was born early. She admitted that the online backlash she received from calling out Morgan Wallen and racial prejudice sent her into early labor.
Amidst the horrible comments, Guyton found the light that will guide her – saying “inclusion and lifting each other up really is the key for me” with respect to making progress. And she will do more than just opening the door, but she will be holding it open for others too, no matter who that is.
And since welcoming Grayson, the country singer said that her music’s purpose is shifting positively, as she’s now focusing more on her revolutionary legacy for her son. After all, he’s the reason why she’s doing all of this. She wants – not only to make him proud – but to make this world a much better and easier place for him to grow up as a young Black man.
Guyton also made her Grammy Awards debut last Sunday night, singing her nominated song “Black Like Me” in an emotional and empowering performance. She will also soon co-host the upcoming 2021 ACM Awards with Keith Urban.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend