Back in 2011, country artist Glen Campbell announced that he was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. This put a stop on the music career of the legendary singer. His song “I’m Not Gonna Miss You” was apparently one of the last records that he did and it was quite sad for the singer.
The song also has a very sad message to his family since they were also affected by the said disease from the singer. Once you have Alzheimer’s, your memories start to fade away and this is just heartbreaking for the singer’s family.
Glen Campbell’s Battle with Alzheimer’s
The song is very emotional and the message behind it is heartbreaking. The singer came out with his disease and everything started to be problematic for him. He was put into a care facility so the singer had to stop his career. Glen Campbell’s song was only released because of the efforts of his friends.
Julian Raymond was able to complete the song with the kept journals of Campbell. The singer was only able to sing with the guidance of Raymond and their combined efforts made it possible. The song won for Grammy’s Best Country song back in 2015 due to the sensational performance of Glen Campbell and the significance of the track.
You’re the last person I will love
You’re the last face I will recall
And best of all
I’m not gonna miss you
The lines from the song are just as heartbreaking as knowing that the singer is suffering from Alzheimer’s. When you have so many memories with your loved ones that get erased as time passes, what would you feel? The family of the singer must have been in an emotional shipwreck when they heard the news and Campbell could not do anything about it.
The pain is heard from the song’s lyrics and melody. Glen Campbell may have forgotten his memories but we will always remember his contribution to country music.
Listen to his song here:
alzheimer's disease, glen campbell, not gonna miss you
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?