Garth Brooks is truly an artist for the people, and he can add yet another important accolade to his already large (and growing!) collection of awards and nominations. The “Friends in Low Places” singer is set to receive the inaugural George H.W. Bush Points of Light Award for Caring and Compassion next month. This is an honor that was designed to recognize outstanding individuals who advance solutions to the world’s toughest problems.
Garth Brooks, a Philanthropist
Points of Light is a global nonprofit organization that is dedicated to accelerating people-powered change, created the award to honor outstanding individuals who advance solutions to the world’s toughest challenges and exemplify the extraordinary traits of its late founder and the 41st President of the United States, George H.W. Bush.
“The fact that this award is a reflection of [George H. W. Bush] 41, his beloved Barbara [Bush], and the work they believed in is the greatest honor,” Brooks says. “An award is only as good as its recipient. My hope and goal is to make the Bush family and the honorary chairs proud that Garth Brooks is the first name on this award for caring and compassion.”
Brooks will be recognized at The George H.W. Bush Points of Light Awards Gala that will be held on the 26th of September at the Intrepid Sea, Air, & Space Museum in New York City. Former Presidents George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama.
Some of the charity works that Brooks has involved himself with include Teammates for Kids, something he co-founded with Bo Mitchell in 1999. It catered to more than 4,700 professional athletes from baseball, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, rodeo, and racing and have helped raise more than $100 million to aid children in over 60 countries around the globe. In addition, Brooks and wife Trisha Yearwood have continuously volunteered with Habitat for Humanity for more than a decade.
Award, Garth Brooks, Philanthropy
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce