“The King of Rock and Roll” Elvis Presley can undeniably sing any song from a soulful to a rock and roll one. Mostly, he released and recorded original songs. However, there are a few that Elvis Presley borrowed from co-artists. But whenever he covered a particular song, he outpours his best and makes it sound as his own. A good example of this is the song “Guitar Man” which was initially recorded and released by “The Good Ol’ Boy” Jerry Reed.
Jerry Reed’s style of “Guitar Man” is not far from Elvis Presley’s cover. Both are accompanied with rock and roll style. Nevertheless, Elvis Presley’s has a cleaner and more outstanding feature which makes it superior.
As mentioned above, Jerry Reed initially recorded “Guitar Man” in 1967 under his album “The Unbelievable Guitar and Voice of Jerry Reed.” His cover placed at number fifty-three on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
After the initial release, Elvis Presley recorded his rendition. As a matter of fact, he re-recorded and re-released “Guitar Man” twice, one in 1967 and another in 1981. Jerry Reed accompanied his first version with the acoustic lead guitar. Then, Jerry Reed again accompanied his second recording with the electric lead guitar.
The first version, unfortunately, didn’t top the country charts. However, on the second recording, it placed at number one spot on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Their collaboration of “Guitar Man” showed a much closer relationship between “The Good Ol’ Boy” Jerry Reed and “The King of Rock and Roll” Elvis Presley. Both have different characters and dispositions but through music, they were united.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Elvis Presley, guitar man, Jerry Reed
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait