Eddy Arnold is known to be a prolific hit-making musician. His songs “Cattle Call,” “Make the World Go Away,” “I’ll Hold You in My Heart,” and “Just a Little Lovin” usually placed on the charts from the 1940s through ’60s and scored top 10 hits as late as 1980. This was one of the reasons why he was considered a powerhouse in country music.
Eddy Arnold Sings “Make the World Go Away”
The song was by Hank Cochran and was performed a couple of times now by different artists. It was able to hit the charts three times, by Timi Yuru, Eddy Arnold, and by the Osmonds. The original version of the song was from the country legend Ray Price, who made it a standard country ballad.
Cochran is an amazing songwriter and that is why this song was a success with Ray Price’s performance and Eddy Arnold’s rendition. The former’s rendition peaked the charts at No.2 while Arnold’s take on it became his biggest hit peaking at No.1. Because of its success in the country and pop charts, it also became Arnold’s signature song.
His Success all Throughout His Career
He was a member of the Grand Ole Opry, and he was also inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame in 1966. Arnold was also ranked 22nd in the 2003 list of CMT for “The 40 Greatest Men of Country Music.” The reason why he became a singer is that he grew up from a family that loves music. His parents both know how to play the instruments and this helped shape his interest in music.
His beginning in the music industry was when he met Elvis Presley‘s manager, Colonel Tom Parker. He got signed by a record label, and his career took off. Finally, he got the chance to perform at the Opry that solidified his name as a country artist. The next few years became one of his best as all of his hits ranked in the Top 10.
Listen to Eddy Arnold’s Classic hit here:
Eddy Arnold, Make the World Go Away
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce