Good news, country fans! The prestigious stage of Grand Ole Opry will be celebrating Dolly Week for the singer’s 50th Anniversary as a member. Mark your calendars and make sure to catch all the performances from October 8 to October 12. It will be a pure country music festival honoring some of the greatest moments of the country legend, Dolly Parton.
Dolly Week and Special Performances
The preparation for the special Dolly Week was done a year before, proving that Dolly already achieved legendary status. Tickets went on sale last November 2018 so the country stars will be expecting a sold-out venue at the Opry. The country artists who will perform at the event are Bill Anderson, Dierks Bentley, Emmylou Harris, Chris Janson, Toby Keith, Lady Antebellum, Jeannie Seely, Hank Williams, Jr., and more.
Dolly Parton will also be performing on the last night of the Dolly Week. She will be accompanied by some country icons such as Lady Antebellum, Jeannie Seely, Toby Keith, Margo Price, Barry Gibb, Hank Williams, Jr. (1st show only), and Candi Carpenter. All of the performances will include a Dolly Parton track and an original song by the singers.
Dolly Parton at the Grand Ole Opry
Before becoming a country legend, Dolly Parton has already performed at the Opry at a young age. She made her debut performance when she was 13 years old together with her uncle Bill Owens. After establishing herself as a legitimate musician, she was invited to become a member of the Opry back in January 1969.
This was such a special moment for the singer, as she knows that it is very important to be recognized by the Opry. Her membership helped her establish a great career in the industry, earning her awards from the Grammy’s, the CMAs, and the ACMs. Not only that but Dolly also became one of the most successful country singers of all time with her business ventures and sold out records.
Relive her First Performance at the Opry here:
Dolly Parton, Opry, opry week
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?