Were you ever in a situation that you can’t seem to control your feelings? Or to be specific, were you ever in love? Because that is what Dolly Parton’s hit “Here You Come Again” is all about, and that is what you’ll feel after listening to the song.
Dolly Parton Wants it to be Country
Before the song reached the country charts, it had its issues. Dolly, being the country legend that she is, wanted something to be changed. Although she wanted to broaden her fans by crossing to the pop genre, she still begged for the song to be more countrified and she added some country staple instruments. She wanted to stick to her country roots so she asked to add the steel guitar and it was given to her.
Even though she made the song pure country, it was still a success because it was Parton’s first Top 10 pop hit. This also earned her a Grammy for Best Country Vocal Performance.
All you gotta do is smile that smile
And there go all my defenses
Just leave it up to you and in a little while
You’re messin’ up my mind and fillin’ up my senses
There is always that one song that hits right on our soft spot. Ours is this Dolly Parton classic. Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil penned the song quite beautifully and it is safe to say that they do know how it feels to be in love. When you fall in love, all logic is thrown out of the window. This has been the all-time notion of people who are in love. The song focuses on the idea of not getting over someone because here comes our heart again, wildly beating for that person.
A lot of people can easily relate to the story because love is a universal feeling. Sometimes, you are even at the point of questioning yourself why you can’t move on.
Listen to Dolly Parton’s hit here:
Dolly Parton, here you come again
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Marty Robbins’ Son Honors His Father With “Big Iron” Tribute
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend