If you have parents who are prominent in the world of country, one can only expect that you will follow in their footsteps. Rosanne proved that she is not only her father’s daughter and that she is an amazing well-rounded musician too.
Rosanne Cash Making Her Own Path
Rosanne was able to pave her own path. With the release of her song “I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Want Me” in 1986, she won her first Grammy. The song won in the category of Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
Not wanting to limit her music to country, she made sure that she can also do other genres. Her music included folk, pop, rock, blues, and most notably Americana.
She made sure that not only will she explore other genres, but she will also excel in it. This is proved by her 2015 Grammy wins. She won Best Americana Album for The River & the Thread, Best American Roots Song with John Leventhal, and Best American Roots Performance for A Feather’s Not A Bird.
Her songwriting skills are also worth taking note. In 2015, she was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Now, that is how you make your legendary father proud.
What is Next for Rosanne Cash?
She is proving that music is not the only thing that she is good at. She is also a songwriter and author. In fact, she wrote the New York Times Bestseller Composed: A Memoir in 2010 about her life growing up.
In 2018, she signed with ICM Partners and finished an album entitled “She Remembers Everything.” She released it back in November 2018.
Watch as Rosanne Cash sings for her father:
birthday, Johnny Cash, rosanne cash
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!