In 2016, CMA celebrated their 50th Annual Award Show. In order to have an unforgettable celebration, they gather together country artist, young and old, to cover classic country songs that won a CMA Award.
“Behind Closed Doors” By Charlie Rich
The song was Rich’s first song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It did not only entered the country chart, but it also crossover to the pop charts. It reached number fifteen on the Billboard Hot 100. In addition, it secured the number eight position on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart.
Rich was struggling to make his song top the chart until in 1973 he was able to do it. Aside from getting a big break for the song, Rich received awards from CMA and ACM awards. He won the CMA’s Album of the Year and Single of the Year.
The song was written by Kenny O’Dell, and he won the CMA’s Song of the Year.
Steve Wariner’s Version of “Behind Closed Doors”
Wariner covered the song “Behind Closed Doors” for The 50th Annual CMA Awards. The CMA made a series called Forever Country Covers. In this CMA’s Forever Country Covers Series they have invited country singers to cover classic country songs that won before. Some of the artists who were invited, Josh Turner, Scotty McCreery, Jon Pardi, Billy Ray Cyrus, Mark Wills, Aaron Tippin, Ricky Skaggs, and many more.
Steve Wariner is a country singer and songwriter who is known for his songs “All Roads Lead to You,” “Some Fools Never Learn,” “You Can Dream of Me,” “Life’s Highway,” and more. Wariner has released a total of nineteen studio albums. Moreover, he scored a total of thirteen number one songs on the Billboard chart.
Here’s Wariner’s acoustic version of the song “Behind Closed Doors.”
Behind Closed Doors, charlie rich, steve wariner
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Four Gents Teamed Up For One Epic Performance of “I’ll Fly Away” at Hee Haw
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams