Jackson’s Version of the Song
“Precious Memories” is a song recorded by American country artist Alan Jackson. It was released in March 2013 as a single from his 18th album, Precious Memories Volume II. It was also Jackson’s second gospel album released. The song was produced by an American record producer Keith Stegall.
Upon its release, the song entered the country charts and became number one on the Billboard Top Christian Albums and number two on the Billboard Top Country Albums. The gospel song has been performed by various recording artists like Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, and many more. As they made their own version, the song became more popular among country fans.
Precious memories, unseen angels
Sent from somewhere to my soul
How they linger, ever near me
And the sacred past unfolds
As we bend our knees and pray, there is this wonderful feeling we feel after talking to God. Prayers can lessen the pain we feel during our downfall. Also, prayers are used to communicate with God. We do not have to be perfect to get close to Him because what He counts is the sincerity of the words we speak towards Him. As we get close to Him, failures come not to give burden in our life, but for us to trust in the Lord more.
From the title itself, you will already have an idea what the song talks about. For me, the precious memories I will forever treasure are the moments God sent me into this world. That is a precious time when God gives me a life with a purpose. My purpose is to serve God wholeheartedly. Yes, I might sometimes disappoint or fail Him, but still, He does not abandon me.
Thank you, God, for this wonderful life you have given me.
Alan Jackson, Gospel Album, precious memories
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?