We should never take things for granted because one day, all of those things will be gone and then you will miss them. Not everything in life will last forever, therefore, always appreciate the moment or the things you have with you right now. “It Won’t Be Like This for Long” by Darius Rucker sends out the same message that not everything in life lasts forever.
Second No. 1 Song, “It Won’t Be Like This for Long”
Darius Rucker has his first No. 1 song in 2008 with his song “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It.” He followed it with another single from his album Learn to Live. “It Won’t Be Like This for Long” reached No. 1 on the Billboard Country Airplay chart. In addition, the song entered the pop chart at No. 36. His single was Gold-certified by RIAA in 2010. Moreover, this became his second No. 1 on the Billboard chart.
Learn to Live Album
In 2008, Rucker released his second studio album Learn to Live. The album reached No. 1 on the US Billboard Top Country Album chart. Furthermore, his album entered the Billboard 200 at No. 5, and it was Platinum-certified by RIAA in 2009. Four songs in his album were able to enter the Billboard chart. “Don’t Think I Don’t Think About It,” “It Won’t Be Like This for Long,” “Alright,” and “History in the Making” were the four songs from his album that entered the chart. His single “Alright” was Platinum-certified by RIAA.
The Song’s Message
“It Won’t Be Like This for Long” is a song written by Chris DuBois, Ashley Gorley, and Darius Rucker. The song was inspired by the writers’ daughters. They noticed that life moves quickly thus, their kids are growing up fast and one day their kids will have their own family too. The message of the song is to take your time and treasure every moment you have with your kids or anyone you love because one day it will all be gone and you will want it to happen again.
darius rucker, it won't be like this for long
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait