“Wish You Were Here”
Back in the ’90s, the song “Wish You Were Here” was written by American songwriters Bill Anderson, Skip Ewing, and Debbie Moore. American country artist Mark Wills recorded the song, and was released on January 1999 from his album, Wish You Were Here. Upon the release of the song, it peaked at number 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart. Thus, it became Wills’ first number-one single that entered the Billboard.
Wills’ album, Wish You Were Here, is his second album released by Mercury Nashville Records. The album has produced four hit singles that entered into Billboard Hot Country Songs Chart. Those were “I Do (Cherish You),” “Don’t Laugh at Me,” “Wish You Were Here,” and “She’s in Love.” Upon the release of the album, it peaked at number 8 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and reached number 74 on the Billboard 200 chart. It also received a platinum certificate from its sales of over one million copies sold.
About the Song
Wish you were here, wish you could see this place
Wish you were near, I wish I could touch your face
The weather’s nice, it’s paradise
It’s summertime all year and there’s some folks we know
They say, “Hello, I miss you so, wish you were here”
Every couple’s dream is to travel all around the world. One best moment we can have upon traveling is when we got the chance to see and capture the beauty of the place. Not only that, but we also get to add the best memories we have with our partners.
However, what if he/she died before fulfilling that dream? If that may be the case, then continue to fulfill that dream. Yes, you may be alone fulfilling it, but he/she has not left your side because he/she is right there in your heart.
Listen to Mark Wills’ Song “Wish You Were” Below:
classic hit, Mark Wills, Wish You Were Here
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage