The only way we can communicate to God is by praying. It is the best connection we can have because we know that sending a text message, email, or a chat is not effective. However, why do we need to pray? Does it even matter if we talk to God? What can we reap from this habit of talking to God all the time?
What do We get from Praying?
1. Praying teaches us to be grounded
In this world where everyone wants to have the upper hand. People kill to have power, prayer in the midst of greed is a powerful way to keep us grounded. When we talk to God, we can ask Him to keep us humble and contented in life. Praying will set us to where we should truly be, instead of trying to crave for more evil things in this world.
2. Praying brings peace of mind
We cannot escape the harsh reality we have to face in our daily lives. There will always be minor setbacks even though we are children of God. We are not exempted from all the madness of life. But a simple prayer can bring peace of mind. Praying builds our faith and sets a foundation to it. When our faith is strong, we know for sure that God will take care of whatever is bothering us. Just like the Bible says,
“Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” -1 Peter 5:7
3. Praying saves us from doing the wrong thing
What do you often do when you cannot decide? Do you ask for people’s advice? Do you sleep it over? Or do you close your eyes and pray to God? When caught in the middle of something, that’s when it’s difficult to decide. Praying is a helpful way to show us the right thing. God will lead us to what is right and what is meant to be. When we talk to Him, God will not disappoint us because He will show us what we have to do in order to get to where we should be.
Now that we know what prayer does to us, isn’t it great to talk to God? It’s the best thing we can do for ourselves. It’s free and it will surely make us feel good after talking to Him.
“Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you listen to God.”
Here’s a beautiful song sang by Alan Jackson about the power of prayer.
Alan Jackson, God, prayer
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?