When we are in trouble and we cannot find any hope, God always sends us His guiding light. He, despite our sins, loves us every day. God will always be here for us no matter what the situation may be. The song “Wings of a Dove” assures us of God’s love.
Ferlin Husky’s “Wings of a Dove”
This gospel song became popular when Ferlin Husky recorded it in 1960. His song reached number one on the country chart, making it his third single to reach the top of the chart. The song was penned by Bob Ferguson in 1958.
The popularity of the song made different artists record their version. Some of the artists known to have a cover of this song were Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner, Ricky Skaggs, Loretta Lynn, and many more. Today we are going to take a look at one of country music’s legendary artists, George Jones and his version.
George Jones’ Recording
In 1962, Some of Jones’ songs at the United Artists were compiled and released into an album known as Sings the Hits of His Country Cousins. Jones’ album contained twelve covered songs.
- “Beggar to a King”
- “Peace in the Valley”
- “I Could Never Be Ashamed of You”
- “Silver Dew on the Bluegrass Tonight”
- “The Precious Jewel”
- “It’s a Sin”
- “Don’t Let the Starts get in Your Eyes”
- “Give My Love to Rose”
- “The Same Sweet Girl”
- “Yes, I Know Why”
- “Wings of a Dove”
- “A Little Bitty Tear”
The album wasn’t commercially successful, yet Jones performance in this album was incredibly outstanding. Sadly, none of the songs got much attention, as it was never released as a single.
Here is Jones’ version of “Wings of a Dove.” The recording of this song was during his early years as an artist where his voice is strong and powerful. You can hear in his voice the emotions felt while singing the song, which makes this recording great.
Ferlin Husky, George Jones, Wings of A Dove
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?