Willie Nelson’s “I’d Rather Have Jesus”
In 1992, the hymn was written by Rhea Miller and George Beverly Shea, who helped her on composing the music. George’s realizations in life made her think of creating the song. As he played his piano and began putting a tune on the song, his mother heard him. His mother was amazed by how good the music was. Furthermore, he was asked by his mother to sing the song at their church.
George’s life had changed. He was given an opportunity to sing the hymn worldwide.
About the Song
Every single word of the hymn shows how the narrator dedicates and commits his life to Jesus. As an ordinary person, how will you commit yourself to God? It may be difficult to do it but trust me, it is not. Perhaps, you only need to let Jesus enter your life. If you allow him, then there is no reason for you to worry about the things you can’t have. Above all the worries, disappointments, and failures you face in your life; don’t let those reasons hinder you from worshiping Him. Instead, let those be an instrument for you to trust God more.
This song will let you know that there are no permanent things in this world but the love that is given by God. The pain you are feeling right now is just temporary for you are with Him. Make God the center of your life.
gospel song, i'd rather have jesus, Willie Nelson
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash