Waylon Jennings is one of the fiercest honky-tonk heroes within the outlaw country movement, but on some occasions, he never failed to show his funny side. Just like this old interview recorded on June 4, 1983, during the US Festival.
The country legend discussed everything from his career and songs, performing under the spotlight to the entire Nashville music scene. When asked what’s the latest news on Nashville, he jokingly remarked singer-songwriter Charlie Daniels selling snuff. “It’s rolling along just about like it was, tripping over themselves and then some somebody accidentally every once in a while doing something fantastic,” he said.
Waylon Jennings also expressed how festivals have always been a good time though he admitted that it’s often a little distracting to sing with all the crowd going wild, and “especially when the girls start taking their clothes.”
The US Festival lasted over two weekends and was billed as “Country Day.” Jennings performed together with iconic artists like Willie Nelson, Alabama, Hank Williams, Jr., and Emmylou Harris. His performance and other Waylon Jennings songs were among the event’s many highlights.
Watch the interview in the video below, and you will definitely be able to tell that Jennings is one true outlaw.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Stella Parton, Dolly Parton’s Multi-Talented Sister
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World