Ty Herndon reissued “What Mattered Most” with some of its words changed as his way to comfort and inspire at-risk youths. It’s an incredible way of supporting LGBT youth in the country.
“What Mattered Most”
In 2019, Ty Herndon released the album Got it Covered which includes an alternative version of “What Mattered Most” with some alterations to some words.
Herndon recorded the first song at a time when he was very closeted. And on the song’s 25th birthday, he wanted to sing it the way he should’ve sung it as a present.
A Powerful Message
After coming out as gay in 2014, Herndon helped in counseling LGBTQ youths. He wanted them to know that there is a country song that represents their sexuality.
“I know in my heart that that’s not completely true. With the new generation of the country, everyone’s embraced.”
His strong urge to support the youth makes him calm to the response of the people on his album. This makes him more a credible artist.
Herndon has a real heart of gold. He donates his time to organizations like Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital, the Special Olympics, the Drug Abuse Resistance Education program, GLAAD, HRC and Feed the Children. He lent his vocals on a tribute track for the victims of the Pulse Nightclub Shooting in Orlando, Florida.
The “What Mattered Most” singer is currently a national spokesman for CVS pharmacy’s ALS fundraising campaign. In September 2011, he and Kevin Turner Helped raise $4.3 Million for ALS Therapy Alliance.
Thank you for the good music.
Thank you for being the voice of the youth.
Thank you for helping out others.
We love you!!!!!!
Listen to Ty’s alternative version of ” What Mattered Most:”
Alternative Version, Ty Herndon, What Mattered Most
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!