Music has dominated the 2019 Golden Globes. With huge nods to Bohemian Rhapsody and a Star Is Born, this is a special testament to art genres colliding.
“Bohemian Rhapsody” is about the life of the late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury. It bested another favorite music movie contender “A Star is Born” for the Best Picture award. It also bagged the “Best Motion Picture, Drama” and “Best Actor in a Drama” award for Rami Malek over Bradley Cooper for “A Star is Born.”
“A Star Is Born” came into the 2019 Golden Globes with an impressive five nominations under its belt. This includes: “Best Motion Picture, Drama,” “Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama” for Bradley Cooper, “Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama” for Lady Gaga, Best Director – Motion Picture” for Bradley Cooper, and “Best Original Song – Motion Picture” for “Shallow.
Gaga’s nomination in two categories made her one of the rare stars to get double nominations. Amy Adams is the only other double nominee in the acting categories.
Gaga wins the “Best Original Song – Motion Picture” for “Shallow.” Here she expressed her heartfelt thanks to her co-stars and to her fellow composers:
“I just have to say, as a woman in music, it is really hard to be taken seriously as a musician and a songwriter. These three incredible men… they lifted me up and supported me. Bradley, I love you”-Lady Gaga in her acceptance speech
Dolly Parton’s “Girl in the Movies” for the Netflix movie “Dumplin'” was also nominated.
Take a listen below!
Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh hosted the 76th Golden Globe Awards. It aired on the 6th of January 2019 on NBC.
Dolly Parton, Golden Globes, Lady Gaga
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?