Jake Owen has been proving to be one of country music’s elite performers. He recently had his seventh No. 1 single at country radio, and it is comfortably sitting at the top of the charts. Now, he has garnered a lot of gay country fans since he expressed his support for the LGBTQ community.
However, since Country’s fanbase is mostly conservative, the move was not met without backlash and controversy. Still, Owen responded to an anti-LGBTQ+ fan in the most epic way ever.
Jake Owen Shows Support as an LGBTQ+ Ally… with a Cher Song!
In honor of Pride Month, the 37-year-old singer posted a backstage cover of one of Cher’s most iconic song, “Believe.” It went live on his Instagram on Tuesday with a sweet caption.
“I believe #loveislove
Some of my closest friends and coworkers, are part of the #lgbt community and I couldn’t be more happy for the progress they have made. I’m inspired by people loving people no matter who you are. I BELIEVE the world needs more love. No matter where it comes from. “
What is the reason why he chose that song? He apparently googled the ‘gayest’ song of all time and that was the result!
“So with that said, I googled “gayest” songs of all time and the boys and I decided to put our country spin on Cher’s “Believe.” Hope you dig. I plan on releasing all of these backstage random songs we’ve created very very soon. Stay tuned friends, and most importantly, love everyone. ?”
cher, Jake Owen, LGBTQ+
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?