Arguably, The Highwomen has attracted a lot of attention, not only because these women revived a beloved classic supergroup, but also because of its members, Natalie Hemby, Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, and Amanda Shires all have had successful careers prior to the project.
The Highwomen’s Superb Album
The supergroup had hoped that their new album was going to be well-received by fans. But, they might have never imagined, nor expected, that their record would land at the top of the Billboard’s Country Album chart.
Morris shared the news on her Instagram account with the caption:
“Welp, I guess this is really for real, ladies. 4 voices in unison, no one over the other in the mix, no one further upstage or whose spotlight is brighter… EQUALS. And now we’re No. 1 in Country. [The Highwomen] text thread is lighting up today.”
She also got candid about their success in an interview with Billboard:
“We knew from the get-go with this band that we all have our own solo endeavors. They have families. We’ve said [that] none of us really needed this group, which is, I think, why it’s so special: none of us need the money or the fame. We all have our own things going on, so this was really four people that really believed in the songs that we were turning in for it, and the message behind it.”
In a separate interview, Carlile mentions that “anyone can be a Highwoman.”
“It’s about banding together, abandoning as much ego as humanly possible, holding one another up and amplifying other women every chance we get. Shoulder to shoulder. One push, one love.”
Amanda Shires, Brandi Carlile, Maren Morris, Natalie Hemby, The Highwomen
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend