Taylor Swift is slated to receive the first-ever Icon Award at Teen Choice 2019. Fox had recently announced that they will crown Swift at the upcoming awards show.
Taylor Swift is the First-ever Icon Awardee
In a press release, Fox explained its reasoning behind crowning the “You Need To Calm Down” singer.
“As one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with more than 50 million albums sold, Taylor Swift is a pop culture icon whose accolades and achievements go beyond topping music charts and selling out stadiums worldwide. Swift is also one of today’s biggest social influencers, using her voice and platform to inspire and create positive change.”
Swift has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, and her success as a crossover pop culture icon will be honored through this award. Alongside selling out stadiums globally and creating chart-topping hits, the “ME!” singer has often used her huge platform to move, motivate, and incite change.
The 10-time Grammy Award-winning singer is currently the titleholder for the most Teen Choice Awards by a solo artist. She has won 25 awards and has been nominated over 60 times.
This year alone, she has been nominated in three categories, including Choice Female Artist and Choice Pop Song for her catchy “ME!” track from her upcoming Lover album.
Lover will be her biggest yet, with a total of 18 tracks. It will have four Target exclusive deluxe editions of the album. Each deluxe edition will feature more than 100 unique pages from Swift’s diaries over the years.
Swift will be joined by fellow artists at the awards ceremony, such as Cardi B, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, and BLACKPINK, all of whom are nominated for multiple awards in the music categories. Jonas Brothers will also be honored with the Decade Award.
The show will be airing live from Hermosa Beach, California, for the first time in Teen Choice history. Fans can watch the two-hour event Sunday, Aug. 11 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on Fox.
Want more fresh country news? You can visit us at our official Facebook page!
Icon, Icon Award, taylor swift
- The Song That Launched Tom T. Hall as The Storyteller That He Is: “A Week In A Country Jail”
- How Lynn Anderson Turned “Rose Garden” Into A Big Hit Worldwide
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here’s How The Chart-Topper “Don’t Let Me Cross Over” Became A Country Music Standard
- You’ll Definitely Relate to Ronnie Milsap’s “What A Difference You’ve Made In My Life”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?