Skeeter Davis went through a lot in her life before achieving great success in her musical career. Without these hardships, however, she wouldn’t have been the amazing country/ pop singer she has been known for. Since today marks the day the world of country music lost Davis, let us remember her by listening to one of the biggest hits in her career, “The End of the World.”
All About “The End of the World”
We have all been through breakups that took us some time to get over. The first couple of days or even months of a break up is a tragic and painful experience. It feels like you are the only one in the world going through such feeling and you wonder why can’t the world grieve with you. This is what Davis’ song is all about. A woman who’s facing one of her tragic moments in life, wondering why on earth the world is still moving on as if nothing happened.
Why do the birds go on singing?
Why do the stars glow above?
Don’t they know it’s the end of the world?
It ended when I lost your love
The songwriter, Sylvia Dee, said that she based the song’s mood from the death of her father, and now we know why the song is too painful to take in. “The End of the World” broke the record when it entered the top ten of the Billboard Country, Hot 100, Adult Contemporary, and R&B chart. This became one of the songs in history that scored such a high position on the chart all at the same time.
How can it not be a great hit? Every word is meaningful and heartbreaking at the same time and Davis’ voice sounds marvelous.
Thank you for the music and inspiration you shared to the world Davis. You will always be remembered.
Here is “The End of the World” by Skeeter Davis.
Death Anniversary, End of the World, Skeeter Davis
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance