Sam Hunt’s “Break Up In A Small Town” is a follow-up single to his first three No. 1 songs – “Leave the Night On,” “Take Your Time,” and “House Party,” and was among the last singles he composed before completing his debut studio album, Montevallo.
According to one of the co-writer, Crowell, “Breakup in a Small Town” was significantly the most challenging song he ever worked on. For six months, it took perhaps 15 days to compose that song. Hunt is different among composers for his slow, logical way of work, opposing the hasty writing sessions that usually occur in Music City, where songs are commonly written in just a couple of hours and seldom presented in the same day.
Sam Hunt explained that the song was produced late one night when he was singing the refrain while driving around getting some song concepts. He first didn’t wish to compose any more break-up songs; however, the melody of the song was simply too flawless. The song was based on the break-up of Sam Hunt’s wife when they are still dating but eventually became his wife.
The title describes all things – about living in a small town and you breaking up with a girl. And it’s somewhat hard to move on when you see her everywhere with her new boyfriend. That’s what this entire song’s touching.
Three months after its release, Break Up in a Small Town by Sam Hunt reached the second spot on the Hot Country Songs chart and peaked at #2 on the Country Airplay in February 2016. The song was certified Platinum by Music Canada and 4x Platinum by RIAA.
All Sam Hunt songs will definitely give you the emotions you need. And if you’re in the mood for a breakup song, try listening to Sam Hunt’s “Break up in a Small Town” below.
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- What Happened To Amanda Blake, Gunsmoke’s Sassy Miss Kitty?
- The Dark Story Behind the Dueling Banjos Scene in “Deliverance”
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet John Denver’s Children: Where are they now?
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- The Iconic Dueling Banjos Scene from film “Deliverance” will Blow Ya’ll Away