Country music is now lamenting at the loss of legendary singer and songwriter, Russell Smith. The singer died after his long battle with cancer. His bandmates from Amazing Rhythm Aces share the same sentiment in regard to their friend’s loss.
Russell Smith was known for his genre-bending style of singing. After launching his career at Lafayette, Tennessee, the singer went to create country music, southern rock & roll, bluegrass gospel, and soul.
Russell Smith’s Lasting Legacy
What he left in the world of music is irreplaceable. He showed that music has no boundaries and you can make all kinds of it as long as you are passionate. His brilliance in songwriting is observed through his songs from his band Amazing Rhythm Aces. Their music was even more loved because of the soulful voice of the late singer.
Russell wrote hit songs for legendary country artists such as Randy Travis (“Look Heart, No Hands”), T. Graham Brown (“Don’t Go to Strangers”), and Ricky Van Shelton (“Keep It Between the Lines”). Some of his songs were also recorded by the likes of Dolly Parton, Tanya Tucker, Rosanne Cash, and Kenny Rogers.
Russell Smith’s Last Moments
The family decided to do the funeral in the late singer’s hometown. In a Facebook post by his son, he said:
“He spent his life working to fill the world with music and love. He was especially fond of the song “Give Me Flowers While I’m Living.”
One of his bandmates also posted shared his thoughts about the singer’s passing:
“Russell lived to entertain, to help folks feel a connection with one another, and hoped to leave the world better off for having had him in it.”
All of these people were affected by Russell Smith’s passing. We lost another person who devoted his life for his art and we could only help by remembering the legacy that he left.
Listen to one of Russell Smith’s song here:
amazing rhythm aces, dies at age 70, Russell Smith
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash