Rosanne Cash, daughter of country music legend Johnny Cash, also made a name for herself. If you have parents who are prominent in the world of country, the pressure is on you.
Rosanne’s Own Path
Rosanne was able to do just that and paved her own path. With the release of her song “I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Want Me” back in 1986, she won her first Grammy. The song won in the category of Best Female Country Vocal Performance.
Not wanting to limit her music to country, she made sure that she can also do other genres. Her music included folk, pop, rock, blues, and most notably Americana.
She made sure that not only will she explore other genres but she will also excel on it. This is proved by her 2015 Grammy wins. She won Best Americana Album for The River & the Thread, Best American Roots Song with John Leventhal, and Best American Roots Performance for A Feather’s Not A Bird.
Her songwriting skills are also worth taking note. Back in 2015, she was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Now, that is how you make your legendary father proud.
Knowing the Story
The song was also written by Rosanne Cash. She made the song together with her husband, Rodney Crowell. In this song, a lot of people assumed that she was referring to a love interest.
She then revealed that it was actually about the CMA Award. She went into details saying that she thought she’s going to win an award and she did not.
So, that is how the song came about. Ironically, she won a Grammy for a song that was inspired by not winning at the CMA. This just shows that you may struggle for a while, but good things are yet to come.
Because of the Grammy win that she got, she was asked to perform on Saturday Night Live. This is a feat that not all country musicians can get during their time.
She used her heartbreak, as most musicians do, and made a song that will eventually top the charts and win an award.
You can check the video here:
grammy win, rosanne cash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!