Rodney Atkins’ “If You’re Going Through Hell” is proof that music can inspire, motivate and even save lives.
The song was written by Sam Tate, Annie Tate, and Dave Berg. It is one of Rodney Atkins songs that is a legendary, inspirational song telling the story of overcoming the challenges of life blocking your way. Its chorus is just as pop as a country, and its production, which features banjos, violins, bagpipes, and drumbeat.
According to the singer, he received an email from a fan stating the time he was miserable after a series of mistimed events: He got fired, his wife had forsaken him, and he felt hopeless. He was in his truck near a church, and he was about to commit suicide when suddenly the song came on the radio. He threw the pistol toward a pond and returned home.
Rodney Atkins says it’s one of the reasons that cause him to consider every word or message when writing songs. And that he will strive to record and have songs that have a positive effect on the listeners.
There’s a message to embrace in this song! If you’re in a predicament where you believe there is no end, just continue to progress without stopping. If it frightens you, conceal those emotions. The situation will eventually clear out, and you’ll attain peace before some problems you feared will get the chance to occur.
“If You’re Going Through Hell” by Rodney Atkins remained #1 for four weeks and also earned the top spot on the Billboard’s year-end chart for 2006. The track earned SESAC’s song of the year status on the SESAC Country Awards 2006.
If you need a little push in life, listen to Rodney Atkins’ “If You’re Going Through Hell” below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend