Rhonda Vincent’s I’m Not Over You may not be part of her long list of award-winning songs; it still etches deep with its heartbreaking lyrics guaranteed to make you shed a tear or two. Not to mention her amazing and soothing vocals that offer so much serenity to anyone who would listen to the song.
This song was written by the legendary American country and bluegrass musician Carl Jackson and American country singer Melba Montgomery in 1990. It was originally performed by Carl Jackson himself, John Starling, and The Nash Ramblers. In 1993, Rhonda Vincent released the song as her number 9 track in her album “Written In The Stars.”
Opening the song with the lyrics, “Tonight the rain that’s falling, only adds to my heartache” already puts listeners into a heartbreaking trance. And concluding with, “I’m going under, ’cause I’m not over you” ‘Cause I’m not over you” hits even harder.
Vincent, who was born in 1962, started her music career at a very young age. By the 1970s and 80s, she had already earned success in the bluegrass genre for her mastery of the progressive chord structures. More importantly, Rhonda Vincent’s vocal is multi-range and fast-paced, considered intrinsic to bluegrass music. With that, her popularity skyrocketed making her an in-demand guest vocalist for other bluegrass and country music artists.
In the 1990s, Rhonda Vincent explored mainstream country music. She released ‘Written In The Stars’ and ‘Trouble Free’ under Giant Nashville and Warner Bros. Records respectively. The two albums did not have much success despite her popularity in the genre.
Nevertheless, Rhonda Vincent’s I’m Not Over You is nothing short of a success. It’s heart-wrenchingly beautiful and twists differently from the original in a true Rhonda Vincent signature style. If we would recommend a live performance, you should definitely check out her 2017 live performance of the song with Carl Jackson and Ashley Campbell on Country’s Family Reunion.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce