Reba McEntire is back at the big screen, folks! The singer is set to join an all-star cast of actors and actresses in an upcoming animated film. The movie is called “Spies in Disguise,” and it will be shown in theaters this Christmas.
The singer shared the news through her official Twitter account and it seems like she is excited about the project. She has not been given a specific role yet but the singer is ready to take on the challenge of being a voice actress.
— Reba (@reba) July 23, 2019
About the Movie
The movie will be produced by Blue Sky Studios under the 20th Century Fox studio. Reba will join Emmy winner Rachel Brosnahan and other huge stars such as Tom Holland, Will Smith, Rashida Jones, DJ Khaled, Masi Oka, and Karen Gillan.
The story revolves around the world’s most awesome spy played by Will Smith. He will be assisted by his nerd partner played by the Spiderman himself, Tom Holland. The two is set to play heroes who will try to save the world from evil. The singer’s character is still unknown for now, but we are sure that she will play a huge role in the movie.
Reba McEntire’s Acting Career
This is not McEntire’s first time being a voice actor in an animated film. You might even say that she is quite an expert at it since she’s done Tremors, The Little Rascals, Charlotte’s Web, and The Land Before Time: Journey of the Brave. The singer also did a few TV roles of her own. The country singer starred in her own TV series called Reba. Although the show was short-lived, the singer was grateful for the experience and was happy to do something besides singing.
Reba McEntire also did a show called Malibu Country. Unfortunately, the show was not successful but that did not stop her from doing more shows.
Watch the trailer here:
fox studios, Reba McEntire, spies in disguise, upcoming movie
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?