Dolly Parton’s 2016 track “Pure and Simple” is magical in the sense that this was the first try of the singer for an album full of love songs. The country legend was inspired with the love that she and her husband share, so the album was created.
Dolly’s 50-year marriage with husband Carl Dean is really special and quite an accomplishment from people that are in show business. Her song “Pure and Simple” showcased a mature Dolly Parton who is grateful for the love of her husband.
Behind Dolly’s Pure and Simple Album
The singer has been making music since the ’70s and she is unstoppable. This album was the singer’s 45th studio album and was inspired by her marriage with Carl Dean. The couple had their renewal of vows back in 2016 and so, this album was born. In an interview, the singer said:
“I thought, well, this would be a good year to write an album of love songs. I’ve never done that before. I’ve usually had a story song or a gospel song, but this was all love stories.”
The album was received well by critics and this was Dolly’s best debut at the Billboard’s Album charts. The Pure and Simple album contains 1o tracks from Dolly and two bonus tracks for her UK version.
Dolly’s 50-Year Marriage
No one would have thought that these two met at a laundromat. It was almost like love at first sight for Carl and he always knew that Dolly Parton was the one for him. Two years of dating led them to know each other and they finally tied the knot back in 1966. When asked what their secret is, Dolly shared:
“I always joke and laugh when people ask me what’s the key to my long marriage and lasting love. I always say, ‘Stay gone!’ I travel a lot, but we really enjoy each other when we’re together and the little things we do.”
The couple never had children and this might have contributed to their relationship since they are both away from each other from time to time.
Listen to her song here:
2016 album, Dolly Parton, pure and simple
- Remember When Toby Keith and Daughter Performed Duet of “Mockingbird”?
- Upchurch Releases “Mud To Gold” Tracklist, Teases Fans with Self-Leaked Song
- Keith Whitley’s Legacy Lives On Through Wife & Son “Don’t Close Your Eyes” Duet
- In Honor of Patrick Swayze: One of Hollywood’s Most Savvy and Versatile Actors
- Wynonna Judd’s Faith-Filled Rendition of “I Can Only Imagine”
- Watch Troops Sing ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’ on Flight Home From 11-Month Deployment
- The 35 Saddest Country Songs When You Need a Good Cry