Dolly Parton’s 2016 track “Pure and Simple” is magical in the sense that this was the first try of the singer for an album full of love songs. The country legend was inspired with the love that she and her husband share, so the album was created.
Dolly’s 50-year marriage with husband Carl Dean is really special and quite an accomplishment from people that are in show business. Her song “Pure and Simple” showcased a mature Dolly Parton who is grateful for the love of her husband.
Behind Dolly’s Pure and Simple Album
The singer has been making music since the ’70s and she is unstoppable. This album was the singer’s 45th studio album and was inspired by her marriage with Carl Dean. The couple had their renewal of vows back in 2016 and so, this album was born. In an interview, the singer said:
“I thought, well, this would be a good year to write an album of love songs. I’ve never done that before. I’ve usually had a story song or a gospel song, but this was all love stories.”
The album was received well by critics and this was Dolly’s best debut at the Billboard’s Album charts. The Pure and Simple album contains 1o tracks from Dolly and two bonus tracks for her UK version.
Dolly’s 50-Year Marriage
No one would have thought that these two met at a laundromat. It was almost like love at first sight for Carl and he always knew that Dolly Parton was the one for him. Two years of dating led them to know each other and they finally tied the knot back in 1966. When asked what their secret is, Dolly shared:
“I always joke and laugh when people ask me what’s the key to my long marriage and lasting love. I always say, ‘Stay gone!’ I travel a lot, but we really enjoy each other when we’re together and the little things we do.”
The couple never had children and this might have contributed to their relationship since they are both away from each other from time to time.
Listen to her song here:
Dolly Parton, pure and simple
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce