“Precious Memories” is a gospel hymn covered by various artists. However, the most notable version was that of Alan Jackson’s. Jackson released an album with the title Precious Memories. This was the first gospel album that he released in his career. The album entered the Billboard 200 chart at number four. Moreover, it placed at number one on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. His album also reached number one on the Billboard Christian Albums chart.
The gospel song “Precious Memories” is a commonly recorded hymn. Some artists who covered the song were George Jones together with Patti Page, Tammy Wynette, Johnny Cash, Emmylou Harris, Jim Reeves, Dolly Parton, and many more.
J.B.F. Wright wrote the song in 1925. It was first recorded in 1928 by the Turkey Mountain Singers. The song speaks about remembering the beautiful memories of the narrator. He believes that God sends an angel to protect him and to show him beautiful memories of his childhood days. He remembers his mother praying together with his father.
“I remember Mother praying
Father too, on bended knee
The sun is sinking, shadows falling
But their prayers still follow me”
Seeing his parents pray and believe in God also made him believe and trust in God.
Jim Reeves recorded the song “Precious Memories” as a single. It was then included on a 2001 compilation album known as Precious Memories. The compilation album contained thirty gospel songs. His album was released by the record label Heartland in 2001.
Here is the beautiful rendition of Jim Reeves. Listen to his soothing voice as he sang the gospel song “Precious Memories.”
Jim Reeves, precious memories
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?