Are you in a relationship that feels so right at the moment? Have you ever met someone who made you feel that s/he should have been in your current relationship? If your answer is yes, s/he might probably be “One Promise Too Late.”
The “One Promise Too Late”, During Divorce
The song was originally sung by Reba McEntire and was released in 1987. It was her eighth country single to top the chart as a solo artist. The track was No.1 for one week and it also spent fourteen weeks on the chart. We wonder, what is the story behind the song?
During the recording of the song, McEntire was thinking about her divorce with his husband of eleven years. She then said to Bill Catino, company’s executive, that this is the kind of songs she wants to sing during a forthcoming divorce. Successively, her emotional delivery of the song won the hearts of the people.
Reba McEntire, The Accomplished Country Artist
Often called “The Queen of Country,” McEntire has sold over 75 million records worldwide. She is one of the best selling artists of all time. She acquired 42 number one singles, 16 number one albums, 29 studio albums. 28 of her albums were certified by the Recording Industry Association of America as gold, platinum, and multi-platinum.
The Story Told by the Song
The song starts with what could have been for the woman who met the man of her dreams. Also, the woman mentioned that she is already with a man. She refuses to be unfaithful and stood by the promise she made. Although, she is unapologetic for meeting him and says he is remembered always.
I guess that is what happens when the man of your dreams come “One Promise Too Late.”
Watch the story told by the song here:
one promise too late, Reba McEntire
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story