Behind every great country song is an awe-inspiring story, and Miranda Lambert’s “Tin Man” is no exception.
The heartbreaking song was released to radio in 2017 as the third single from Lambert’s The Weight of These Wings, which she has written shortly after her highly-publicized divorce from fellow country superstar Blake Shelton. And Miranda Lambert admits, it wasn’t an easy one for her to write – describing the record like her diary of the last couple of years.
And she pours her heart in this heart-tugging single, where Lambert sings to the beloved character of The Wizard of Oz, telling him to stop spending his entire life wishing for something that is bound to fall apart. He assures him that the heart he has been longing to have isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, and that he’s even luckier not to have one.
For those who aren’t familiar with the Wizard of Oz’s Tin Man, the mythical character yearns to have a heart of his own, hoping to experience feelings and emotions.
And with all the heartaches and emptiness she once felt, Lambert said she found a whole new meaning to Tin Man’s character – whom she believes to represent “cold, and empty, and loneliness, and heartless.”
Undeniably, “Tin Man” is one of Miranda Lambert’s songs that quickly connected with country fans. The tear-jerking ballad peaked at No. 15 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs. It also earned nominations from Grammy Awards for the categories of Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song. It was also nominated for Single of the Year and Song of the Year during the 2017 CMA Awards. Ultimately, it took home the 2018 ACM Awards Song of the Year.
You can listen to Miranda Lambert’s “Tin Man” in the video below.
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Know More About Connie Smith And Her Unusual Love Story