Lorrie Morgan grew up with a family of country singers. She is the daughter of George Morgan and was married to Keith Whitley.
The singer started her passion for music at an early age. She charted her first single back in 1979 and had continued her success all throughout the ’90s. In her song “What Part of No,” she exemplifies what it is like to be an empowered woman.
Lorrie Morgan’s Empowering Song
Lorrie Morgan‘s song “What Part of No” was one of her three singles that topped the Billboard Hot Country Songs. Her other two are “Five Minutes” and “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength.” What these songs have in common is that they are empowering and have great messages in it.
The track, “What Part of No,” is written by Wayne Perry and Gerald Smith. It was released back in 1992 under her album Watch Me. It is one of her biggest hits because it held the No.1 position for three weeks.
If I’ve told you once I’ve told you twice
I’m just here to unwind
Everyone has the power to say no to something that they don’t really want or like to do. This Lorrie Morgan-track empowers everyone especially women to say no if someone is being aggressive to them. Sometimes, people think that the world owes everything to them and they can take anything they want. That should not be the case and we must all learn to stand up for ourselves.
The song portrays a specific situation to us where the guy is trying to pick up the woman at a bar. She says no because she is not there to look for a quick one-night stand. She is there for herself, to unwind, and not think about her problems so it’s better to let her be.
Listen to her song here:
Lorrie Morgan, What Part Of No
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- The Noah’s Ark in Kentucky Is Drawing Millions of Visitors. Here’s Why!
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait