Loretta Lynn made a rare public appearance to accept the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award in Nashville. At the age of 87, the singer behind the hits “Coal Miner’s Daughter,” “You Ain’t Woman Enough,” and “After the Fire is Gone” finally gets her Lifetime Achievement Award.
She received the award last September 17 and this is her first public appearance after her birthday bash this year.
Loretta Lynn and her Legacy
The award is surely something that all musicians would want in their life. This is only given to chosen artists who have excelled in their art, which is what Loretta did during her career. Her contributions to the American songbook is simply astounding and she was able to inspire other musicians especially for the female country artists to do great in their career.
The star-studded event was full of other country artists like Jason Aldean, Reba McEntire, Sam Hunt, Dierks Bentley, Dean Dillon, Chris Janson, Cole Swindell, and more. There was also a special performance from Loretta Lynn’s granddaughter who performed her biggest hit “Coal Miner’s Daughter.” Additional performances were given by Reba McEntire who performed “You Ain’t Woman Enough,” and Kellie Pickler who covered “I’m a Honky Tonk Girl.”
The singer was accompanied by Kid Rock and son Ernest Ray Lynn. When she was receiving her Kris Kristofferson Lifetime Achievement Award, she said:
“Hello everybody, I’m Loretta. I want y’all to know I love you. Thank y’all for coming out. songwriter told the Thank y’all. I love ya.”
Here are the other winners from the event:
SONG OF THE YEAR
“BREAK UP IN THE END” Written by Chase McGill, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jon Nite
SONGWRITER/ARTIST OF THE YEAR
SONGWRITER OF THE YEAR
PRESIDENT’S KEYSTONE AWARD
We at Country Thang Daily congratulates Loretta Lynn and all the other winners!
Lifetime Achievement Award, Loretta Lynn
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage