Yola Carter is dubbed by many as the ‘Queen of Country Soul,’ and there is a good reason for that. Her debut album Walk Through Fire is a collection of great country songs that is quite new to the industry. Though country soul is not necessarily a new genre, it is now being capitalized by Yola and she is putting her stamp on it.
Behind Yola Carter’s Walk Through Fire Album
The album was received really well by critics because of one thing: Yola Carter’s refreshing take on country music. The combination of two genres (soul and country) is not something that we always hear on the radio, but Yola capitalized on it. She is one of the few artists who really made a name for herself as a country-soul artist.
Her album Walk Through Fire was written, recorded and produced at Dan Auerbach‘s Easy Eye Studio in Nashville. The rich sound of staple country music instruments is heard all throughout the album and it really captivates the heart of the listeners. The inspiration behind the album came from a heartbreaking experience, so there is that relatable factor to it.
Is not an easy thing to do
But you don’t care about me babe
Runnnin’ here is all I know
The country satisfies my soul
When I think I’m goin’ crazy
Where the whipper well sings a song so blue\
Listen to Yola Carter’s song here:
ride out in the country, walk through fire album, yola carter
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?