It is no doubt that Patsy Cline is one of the most iconic female country music artists of all time. She is a true artist preserving the true country music sound. Her legacy of authentic country music will stay forever and for generations to come. Hence, paying her a tribute is an honor and a privilege.
LeAnn Rimes Honors Country Music Legend Patsy Cline
In 2013, country music songstress LeAnn Rimes took the opportunity to pay homage to one of her influences and idols – Patsy Cline. In fact, she considers her a true country music artist, a superstar, a legend in all of history of country music.
During the American Country Awards, Rimes took to the stage a medley performance of some of Cline’s classic hits. One of the songs was “Leavin’ on Your Mind,” which was definitely loved by fans and they know it by heart. Also, who would ever forget Cline’s greatest and most iconic song “Crazy?” Well, Rimes did not forget this of course.
In addition to “Crazy” and “Leavin’ on Your Mind,” Rimes also rendered other hits of Cline such as “Sweet Dreams” and “Walkin’ After Midnight.”
In the performance, Rimes passionately sang all of Cline’s hits. She cradled an antique –style microphone in her hands and deliberately belted out the song, hitting every note perfectly. She is such charming and her voice captivated everyone in the room. Overall, she was stunning in her white long dress as she looks vintage in her sweet tribute.
Indeed, there is no denying that Rimes was the perfect person to honor such an iconic artist. As a matter of fact, Rimes has always been very vocal about her appreciation of Cline and her music. Thus, it was certainly a great honor that she was given a chance to do a tribute for her idol.
Check out LeAnn Rimes as she renders a medley of some of Patsy Cline hits:
Crazy, LeAnn Rimes, leavin' on your mind, Patsy Cline, sweet dreams, Walkin' After Midnight
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life