How far could you go for someone you love? Maybe Patsy Cline could teach you a thing or two about going the extra mile just for your loved one.
In this track, we will be hearing the familiar haunting tune of Patsy. Her voice is so soothing and melancholic that all of her songs just want to make us cry our hearts out.
Behind Patsy Cline’s “Walkin’ after Midnight”
This is the very first hit from Cline. It was because it became a successful track both on the country charts and the pop charts. Of course, the success may also be attributed to the major label company that helped produce the song. This was the introduction of Patsy to the country fans and what an amazing debut it was for her.
The song was penned by Alan Block and Don Hecht. Interesting fact, the singer did not like the track the first time she heard it but she was persuaded to do so since she had the perfect tone to portray the song’s emotions. Loneliness in love was the theme of the song and we will break it down for you.
I go out walkin’ after midnight
Out in the Starlight
Just hopin’ you may be
Somewhere a-walkin after midnight, searchin’ for me
If someone is willing to walk in the middle of the night waiting to see you, they might be the one. In this modern day and age, chivalry is almost a lost art. With the rise of dating apps, it is easier for men to court women. This may be hurting the chance of people to really prove their worth and love. It also may bring difficulty in sensing one’s intent, unlike the traditional approach.
The song proves to be a reminder that back then, love is more magical and it requires more effort from both parties. How can you not feel special if someone is willing to go out walking after midnight just to have the chance to see you? Ain’t that sweet, folks?
Listen to the song here:
Classic Song, Patsy Cline, Walkin' After Midnight
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Tennessee Whiskey Dad, Kris Jones’ Bumpy Road Before Fame